Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthday Resolutions

Welcome to my blog! It is a little scary for me to put myself out there because I never wanted to be in a position to be judged. My whole life I always wanted to be a part of many clubs and even some sports but my insecurities always stopped me from even just trying.  I remember a time when I was about 11 and I talked my mom into signing me up for tennis lessons. Man was I so excited! I can’t remember if I was more excited just for the cute outfits that came with these lessons or if the excitement was for the sport itself.  Truthfully I think it was more for the outfits then the lessons but hey at least I was willing to put myself out there, right?! Well that was until I met the “mean girl”. Surprisingly I don’t remember her name, but I actually don’t even think I had a chance to even get her name before she targeted her bully eyes on me. Well that was the last of those lessons and yes I waved the white flag and quit.
                After turning 33 a few days ago I decided no more waving white flags. This is the year that I am going to own who I am and try to work on my negatives and uplift my positive qualities (maybe even add few more of those positives!) and what a better way to do all this then REALLY put myself out there with this blog, right? Haha! So I have a lot of emotional baggage that I have to sort through and put away to help me overcome my negatives that really inhibit me from living a simple and peaceful life.  I am on my way there and the journey hasn’t been that easy.  There were even some negatives that I didn’t realize I even had until they were pointed out. But during this hard and sometimes sad journey I have caught a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel, and boy is it beautiful!  I was given one life to live, did you hear me?! ONE LIFE!!  Okay it may have taken me 33 years to really get that but at least I got it and I plan to embrace it to my best ability.
                As I was thinking about my new way of life I thought that the best way to work through things is by making a list of all things that need improvement (maybe even a few that just need to disappear completely!) and the things that I am proud of.  Boy this project ended up being harder than I thought! I mean you have to give me a little break, I am Irish and very prideful so to list my negatives is like admitting I am wrong, not something I like to do or be!!  Wait! There’s something I CAN put on my list: 
1.)    I tend to let my pride get in the way of many things!
Ok see that’s a beginning right? It is starting to occur to me this list might take me a bit longer but I figured that I would start working on what I have down already.  So on to my pride.  Truthfully I am afraid this might be the hardest and take me the longest but nothing good comes easy, right?
Well I decided to include a new item of my list on each blog otherwise this one post would probably go down in history as the longest post ever!  And until my next post I do solemnly swear to work on my superabundance of pride to my best ability! Until then just remember that you were given the gift of life, one life, and live it to your fullest!
XOXO,
Sarah

               

No comments:

Post a Comment